What is EPCglobal?
EPCglobal - The Future is NOW!
EPCglobal is a subscriber-driven organisation comprised of industry leaders and organisations focused on creating global standards for the EPCglobal Network - an information network using the internet as the 'information distribution' system, RFID tags as the identifier data carrier, RFID readers as the connection between the internet and the RFID tags and EPC compliant software to connect 'read events' to enterprise computer systems.
What is EPCglobal in New Zealand?
EPCglobal New Zealand is an affiliate of EPCglobal serving subscribers in New Zealand to help foster the adoption of the EPC Network and related technology.
EPCglobal New Zealand will also be responsible for supporting pilot testing and implementing products and services related to the EPC technology; including certification and compliance testing in New Zealand. Additionally, EPCglobal New Zealand will provide training, education, technical and implementation support in accordance with industry standards developed by EPCglobal Inc.
What can EPCglobal do for you?
- EPCglobal provides the
following services to companies wishing to improve their supply chain
- Assignment, maintenance and registration of EPC Manager Numbers
- Participation in development of EPCglobal Standards via EPCglobal's Action & Working Groups
- Access to the EPCglobal Standards, research and specifications
- Opportunity to influence the future direction of research by the Auto-ID Labs
- Access to the results of the EPCglobal Certification and Accreditation Program testing
- Links with other subscribers to create pilots and test cases
- Training and education on implementing and using EPC technology and the EPCglobal Network through EPCglobal NZ.
For additional information please contact Gary Hartley on (04) 494 1063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.